Yet again this is another pasta dish! I’m sorry guys but I love past and its fun to make!
This time I decided to use aubergine in the sauce and it was so good!! Well I had leftover roast aubergine and courgette so I threw them in with some other bits to make the sauce and it was so good.
- appx. 200g of firm tofu
- 1 red/white onion
- 1 roast Aubergine
- 1 roasted or steamed courgette
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Herbs/spices eg, paprika, garlic granules, cayenne papper and some salt and peper to taste
- Cut aubergine into slices and season with salt and pepper, put into the oven for 15-20 mins on a high heat. Doing the same with the courgette/zucchini if desire
- While that is cooking put your pasta into a saucepan and put on the heat,
- Chop onions and add to a frying pan with a little water so they don’t burn, I didn’t use any oil in this dish I just used water
- wait until the onions are softened just a bit and cut tofu into chunks and add to the onions in the pan.
- cook the cauliflower, I use microwave bags and they take no time, but you could cook in a pot with water until soft.
- after about ten mins you should add the spices to the tofu and onions and add a little water to make sure they don’t over cook.
- when the cauliflower, courgette and aubergine is cooked add to a blender with the non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast and ½ teaspoon of garlic granules and paprika, blending until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, put on a plate, top with sauce and then the tofu chunks and serve.
Let me know if you try it ! 🙂 xx
So for this sauce I used a cauliflower sauce, It’s so much like cheese and it’s so light, the main thing I hated when I wasn’t vegan was how heavy pasta bake cheese sauce was. Some vegan recipe tests later I found this online so I just made my own changes to it and came up with this.
I first cooked the cauliflower, I used microwavable bags that are so handy, but you could use a steamer or whatever way you prefer to cook. I used frozen chunks, but you could use fresh cauliflower too, it would probably be nicer!
for the sauce:
•A medium cauliflower
•1 cup of soy milk
•4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
•½ tablespoon of garlic powder
•¼ tablespoon of paprika
•½ tablespoon of onion powder or 3 tablespoon of caramelized onion
•I added parsley but it’s optional
For the rest:
•I used one packet of spaghetti (appx. 1kg)
•200g of firm tofu or 1 packet of vegan quorn fillets
•2 large white onions
•optional- vegan cheese to top
small amounts of the following(A pinch), paprika, garlic powder/granules,mixed herbs, cayenne papper, gravy granules.
- cook the cauliflower, meanwhile fry onions in a little water until softened
- Add tofu chunks or quorn chicken to the onions along with spices and gravy granules, add in a little water to make a thick-ish sauce and add in soy sauce.
- Cook pasta on a high heat with a little salt
- When pasta is ready, drain and add into a large baking dish
- To make the cheese sauce: Add the soy milk first in the blender so it ill blend easily, Add in the cauliflower, then the spices and the nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir so all the pasta is covered
- Then add the tofu/chicken on top and stir in a little bit, grate cheese on top of it
- Will take about 15 in the oven for the cheese to melt (for reference I used Violife pizza cheese)
This can also be made with a difference sauce, for example a butternut squash cheese sauce which i’ve previously posted.
Let me know if you try this 🙂 xx
So I needed to use up my butternut squash up and the shops were closed so I couldn’t buy cheese to melt so I thought i’ll just blend in up.
Oh my gosh it was so good, I used a regular sized butternut squash, maybe a medium one.
This cheese sauce is so creamy, I’ve made it so many times since and it never fails.
•1 butternut squash
•1 cup of non-dairy milk
•3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
•½ tablespoon of garlic powder
•½ teaspoon of dried/fresh parsley
•½ teaspoon of onion powder
¤ I also added about ½ teaspoon of paprika because I put it in everything, but it’s not nessisary.
So you can just cook your butternut squash thoroughly however you like it
You can steam them with the skin on and then peel the skin off afterwards or you can roast them with salt and pepper and again peel the skin off after wards. Also you could cut some of the skins off and steam like that, I use microwave steam bags and it takes about 5 minuets compared to the forever in the steamer.
Then you just throw all the ingredients in a blender, starting with the milk at the bottom so it all blends up easier.
That is that, it’s so simple and is so tasty, you can add whatever other ingredients you want to add hat you might like.
Thanks for reading and let me know if you tried it 🙂 xx