So one thing I noticed when going vegan was that all the pesto sauce that I could get my eyes on had heaps of un-vegan things in there (eggs and milk). I was so gutted because I love pesto and was a huge part of my diet before taking the jump so I jumped on the chance of making my own!
So the amount of basil leaves is to your tasting, I used a medium handful so around a ¼ cup.
- Basil leaves ( I have some sweet Italian basil growing at home but you could buy some fresh or preserved basil in a tube if its available to you).
- Grape seed oil
- ½ teaspoon of garlic granuals
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of cashews of pine nuts
- 2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
This would be good just with pasta or with what ever you want.
I just thought it would be nice as a pasta salad, so I just cooked pasta and then added in some chopped peppers, cucumber, sweetcorn and spring (green) onion.
Let me know if you try this sauce!
thanks for reading 🙂 xx