So basically you can make a faux meat with just about anything!
Cauliflower doesn’t seem like a go to, but my oh my these are beautiful!
Its so simple to so what you’re going to need is:
-A regular cauliflower head, not florets!
-3 tbs barbecue sauce(optional, it just gives a lovely glaze and extra flavour)
-1/2 teaspoon of paprika, garlic granules and mixed herbs
-1/4 cup plant milk of your choice and 2 tbs soy sauce.
- So I mixed everything together in a bowl, and it should be as combined as you can get it.
- then you cut your cauliflower into however many steaks you can get out of it, each about 1 inch thick. (I forgot to take a photo so I had to go find one). like this image the beautiful Simply scratch put up for her roasted cauliflower steaks you can find it here.
- then you heat up your pan with a tiny bit of oil.
- throw each steak individually into the mixture making sure to cover each side and thoroughly.
- add to your pan and fry until golden brown and you can serve them like that
- or you could cover them and leave them for an extra five minuets to soften the inside further.
Serve with whatever you feel necessary, I paired them with more veg and then some extra veg because why not!
If you try this let me know because I would love to see different takes on it 🙂
Thanks for reading guys 🙂 x